Tuesday, November 17, 2009

DARING A YUNG BLACK MAN by Chance McCree

I dare to be different
I dare to want change
I dare to exceed past greatness
Im expected to fail and hoping to exceed
Im expected to fall with my back to this crummy surface we call earth
As I fight through adversity and trouble only thing touches tht is the sole of my shoes
Which only touches jus for a brief second cus soon im soaring over hard times and depression
The worlds is like a baseball game for yung men of color
3 strikes yur out
Strike 1:yur BLACK
Strike 2:yur yung
Strike 3:they leave it up to yu to use those 1st 2 as an excuse to fuck up
So stand up straight yu proud black man
Talk and be proper when yu dnt want to
I dare you to work hard
I dare yu to want excel and push through the battle of life
Excuses are long-term set backs cus soon the excuse wit only carry has a load to stop yu from moving forward
Step up and be wat your suppose to be and not wat expected of yu
Yur expected to “slang rocks” but ur suppose to graduate the 12th grade
Yur expected to be on the news for robbing and killing but ur suppose to be on tv for being rank in top 2 in the nation at the college or unversity yu attend
Yur expected to be known for being a pro ball player but suppose to be known as a great up and coming doctor or lawyer
Lets “grind” on a legal level or show how much “swag” we got in a bussiness meeting or even”trap or die”on a legit company or “make moves” on a corprate stage
I dare yu to look trouble in the eye and run straight witout blinking

Cus I dare to make change and bring a difference!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment